Battery Safety Warning
IMPORTANT: BATTERY SAFETY INFORMATION
WE ARE BRINGING BATTERY SAFETY TO YOUR ATTENTION BECAUSE WE CARE ABOUT YOUR WELLBEING!
Please note that in parts of this document, we reference batteries as cells, throughout our battery safety document, we will use these terms interchangeably.
Going forward Battery = Cell*
LITHIUM BATTERIES - DUE TO THEIR POWER AND CAPACITY, HAVE INHERENT RISKS IF MISUSED. IF MISUSED, THEY CAN VENT/EXPLODE, CAUSING SEVERE BURN INJURY & PROPERTY DAMAGE. LISTED BELOW ARE COMMON BATTERY SAFETY TIPS THAT YOU CAN FOLLOW.
- ALWAYS CARRY YOUR BATTERIES IN A PROTECTIVE SILICONE OR PLASTIC CASE.
- NEVER PUT A LOOSE CELL IN POCKET, PURSE, BAGS, ETC., WITH METAL (INCLUDING KEYS & COINS). Otherwise, it can short-circuit and vent/explode.
- KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN AND PETS.
- DO NOT USE IN A DEVICE THAT EXCEEDS CELL CAPABILITIES. Every Hohm Tech cell lists the Amperage (A), Wattage (W), and Resistance (O) limitations for easy reference of capabilities. If capabilities are exceeded, it can cause a cell to vent/explode.
- INSPECT your battery cell VISUALLY and by USING YOUR SENSE OF TOUCH to SEE/FEEL FOR DAMAGE BEFORE EACH USE. Damage to the cell or the protective labeling may include tear, nick, puncture, hole, dent, corrosion, or any other undisclosed abnormality or damage. Damage risks short-circuiting cell, which can cause a battery to vent/explode.
- DO NOT USE a damaged cell.
- WHEN CHARGING, NEVER LEAVE UNATTENDED & ALWAYS REMOVE CELL(s) from CHARGER
- ONCE FULLY CHARGED to ensure they are not exposed to any potential charger malfunction or over-charging that could damage the cell and cause it to vent/explode.
- ONLY USE LI-ION CHARGERS (3.6V & 3.7V). MOVE FLAMMABLE OBJECTS =2 METERS AWAY.
- ALWAYS USE MATCHING CELLS in MULTI-CELL DEVICES. Differences in cell capacity can lead to overcharging or over-discharging cell. Overcharging can cause the battery to vent/explode.
- IF USING A MULTI-CELL DEVICE, IT MUST HAVE A NON-CONDUCTIVE BARRIER (typically plastic) THAT PREVENTS CELLS FROM TOUCHING METAL except for the very center of top and bottom of the cell. Otherwise, it can short-circuit to battery and vent/explode.
- VISIT www.HohmTech.com for safety and technical information.
- SEARCH www.YouTube.com for "HOW TO REWRAP 18650" and "18650 EXPLOSIONS" to understand the importance of using and maintaining lithium-ion cells properly.
- IF A CELL IS USED IN A DEVICE THAT CAN OR DOES USE MORE THAN 50% of cell MAX AMPERAGE (A) or MAX WATTAGE (W) LIMIT (listed on each cell, it's packaging, and in the brochure).
- REPLACE WITHIN 100 DAYS OF PURCHASE OR IMMEDIATELY IF DAMAGED. High amps/watts accelerate cell aging and degradation, which decreases performance, capacity, and safety.
- IF CELL IS ONLY USED IN A DEVICE THAT CANNOT BE SET OVER 50% of cell MAX AMPERAGE
OR MAX WATTAGE (W) LIMIT (listed on cell and its packaging), REPLACE WITHIN 180 DAYS OF PURCHASE OR IMMEDIATELY IF DAMAGED. Through time and use, cell ages, and degrades, which decreases performance, capacity, and safety.
I acknowledge receipt of this battery safety information and that Om Vapors, Hohm Tech, and distributors, are not responsible or liable for any misuse or mishandling of cells (batteries). My purchase of homh life battery cells from Om Vapors LLC, creates a binding agreement to follow all battery safety advice. I also acknowledge any device I use or purchase today, in the past, or the future, do not alter this battery safety information.